View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
If you have to make something up to justify the action, what is the actual reason for the action though? I doubt it was over smirking, and Lindsey’s lawsuit disputes the claim that there was a scheduling conflict. Maybe his reaction to walking out to a recording was more of a blowout than he’d like to admit and that was the last straw? I just don’t get why they’d lie. Stevie and Mick are generally forthcoming with their opinions so I don’t see the point of lying. As a huge Stevie fan I’d be more likely to accept and respect this decision if there was actual reasoning behind it. If Stevie said he was disrespectful towards her I’d believe it and I’d be upset about it but it would make sense. But this back and forth does not make sense and none of it sits well with me.
maybe because there is no one, single thing that is the sole reason. It seems like it's more an accumulation of fights, stresses, arguments, and tension over many years. Any of the things on the night of Musicares wouldn't seem likely to stand on their own as sufficient reason to fire him (though there still remains the possibility of something else going on backstage no one is aware of) . If you take her at face value in her public interviews she's basically said after 40 years I had enough. And that's fair enough, if she doesn't want to work with him anymore (and many of us have --correctly it seems-- interpreted her behavior as showing she has zero interest in recording with him ever again) that's fine. She didn't want to record, but she did tour. That was a workable compromise, though he made it clear it didn't make him happy.

So no one can be surprised really that she got to a point where she decided you know what, I don't even want to tour with him. But her method of handling it -- giving the band an ultimatum (and she knows Mick well enough to know how he'd choose)-- and most importantly the band's response-- ok well, you bring more money so we'll kick him out with a total disregard is utterly shameful. And then the refusing to even talk to him just reeks of them hiding behind their lawyers' advice of don't talk to him so you won't say or do anything that undoes our case.

I think they expected him to do what FM has always done, unite behind whatever bs cover story they've concocted for the press. His filing seems like him telling them he's not going to enable their dysfunction any more.