View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I suppose it could be a factor, although Lindsey doesn't seem to think it was a major one.

Still, they exploded and were plenty annoyed over what? Lindsey's presumption at making such a request? His unhappiness that he was not granted a few months, a fact which he had accepted (note there is no "refusal to tour" as the band claimed)? Neither of those seem like "firing offenses" to me.

If indeed Stevie was offended that Lindsey presumed to ask for something she had been granted, if indeed Stevie was resentful that Lindsey did not put on a happy face after she had shot him down, if indeed she was angered that he did not say "Yes, Stevie" with enough alacrity, if indeed those scenarios were what primed her to demand he be fired... then that's not much more reasonable than getting set off by a smirk.

I do agree that Stevie must have been thinking about doing this for a while, though. She already had Mike Campbell in her back pocket. Perhaps that's why this all appears so petty (no pun intended). She had to find a reason so she could blame him for his "ouster," but he didn't give her much to work with.

What ticks me off more than anything is the outright lie that he wanted to delay the tour for a year, and saying that was why he was fired.

I hate liars.
yep, and this is the ONLY connection between Tom's death and her actions. She's not in some fog of grief over his death which has made her unaware of what she's doing.
Her grief over Tom and her actions are totally separate.
The cold, calculating side of her ("I'm a Gemini") saw that his death opened up a perfect chance to bring in Mike. She wants a guitarist to write music for her and not talk back, and now she's got one. Even Waddy got fed up and stopped working with her for like a decade. Mike isn't there yet; she's already steamrolled over him about Free Fallin'. I mean, here's her supposed friend, who said he was sick of doing that song and all, as he's grieving his buddy who sang it, and does she act caring and understanding?? No. Rather, she says but it'll make such a great "moment" live (i.e., play to the crowd) and so they're doing it.