View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deribish View Post
Here's the full article...But guess who's #1 on the list???
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...all-time.html?

1. Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac)
Stevie Nicks is a true original. From a young age, she established her own identity. When she couldn’t pronounce her given name of “Stephanie,” she adopted the nickname that would stick with her for life. By 16, she was writing her own songs. She met Lindsey Buckingham in high school, and their romantic and musical partnership soon became the stuff of rock legend. Among her great compositions for Fleetwood Mac were “Rhiannon,” “Landslide” and “Dreams,” the band’s biggest hit, for their 1977 landmark album Rumours, a release fueled by heartbreak, drama and a whole lot of cocaine. They were songs that felt both personal and universal, and that’s part of what makes Nicks the quintessential frontwoman: She was an unmistakably singular presence, with her long blond locks, feline voice, and flowing fabrics nearly transcending her band. And yet, she was also just one part of the magic that made Fleetwood Mac what it was—a tumultuous family of lovers, friends, fighters and artists. While Nicks has enjoyed a long and successful solo career, Fleetwood Mac is where she captivated the world, dancing and twirling onstage like the magnetic, witchy force of nature she was born to be. We’ve been under her spell ever since.
I fully agree with her being at the top of this list. I am totally surprised that, as much as I consider myself a HUGE fan, I have never seen that clip before. What is it from?