View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Its odd that the 2 examples you gave (Steve Perry and Phil Collins) have retired from music because of health reasons. They could not have joined if they wanted to.
The Mac is in its last gasp of life. More dysfunction than ever. One member did not want to make new music but only wanted to tour. One member came back after 16 years and only wants to play and make new music. One member just survived cancer and will give one more tour. And one member is on a creative streak with creating an album that was critically acclaimed, toured small theaters, wanted to record more with the Mac, has a solo album to promote, and also wanted to tour with the Mac.
Since the Mac only plays the same songs every concert, why would you have any interest in bringing in new members? Stevie refused to create new music with the Mac yet she wants to tour with different members to play the same songs from the last tour?
At this stage, mashups of Journey/Mac songs or anything else is pretty pathetic IMHO. Really? I wish such energy would have been put into an amazing one last album. I always thought Oh Well by Billy Burnette was a sad sounding cover. I cant even imagine what's in store next