View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Christine McVie and her music. She is a class act...the same cannot be said for her soul sister Stevie Nicks, I'm afraid. While Stevie is an equally talented singer-songwriter, she is not an accomplished musician - she can compose glorious melodies but cannot sustain a full concert with herself on piano and voice, like Christine can and did in 1984 for her second solo album.

Anyway, the album Time is horrendously under-rated simply because it does not feature Buckingham Nicks.

It was funny to read Christine's comments that Say You Will sounded to her like a Buckingham Nicks album with a great Fleetwood Mac rhythm section! Maybe she felt like she had missed out? She sounds great on Bleed to Love Her and Steal Your Heart Away, which were recorded I 1995, sans Stevie Nicks, I believe.

My favourite Fleetwood Mac album is Say You Will, despite the commentary here that says it is sub par.

Back to Time, I absolutely adore Winds of Change and These Strange Times is a welcome departure from the safe ground Fleetwood Mac had been treading musically since 1982's Mirage album.