View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 02:26 PM

I received another e-mail via Kickstarter, if you other backers haven't seen it check the spam mail:

DATES AND UPDATES --

Posted by Glenn Aveni (Creator)

I am so pleased to finally be able to send this Update.

Over this coming weekend, I am going to also send out the Kickstarter Survey - this is where you get to enter data like your address, t-shirt size, other things I will need to send you the Rewards. Here's the quick version of where we are on that: The music is cleared. The film is almost finished. It WILL be finished later in August. You will have it in September.

Here's the detail: The film is shaping up to be between 100 and 105 minutes in length. PLEASE remember when I mention the film, I mean the documentary - that's what this is - and it's about the 1982 US FESTIVAL. Bonus footage (a lot more music) and other Rewards - separate things

The interviews, archival clips, crowds and crowd shots - these are first rate, even better that I thought they'd be. The story really gets covered and the quotes are there. It's a film that is not only reminiscent, but one we can all be proud of.

The music IN the documentary is a mix of full songs and partial. The partials are too many to list. Full songs include Can't Stand Losing You (Police), Black Magic Woman (Santana - legendary performance), Gimme Some Water (Eddie Money - remember him compelling Graham to turn on the water cannons? We have that on film), Truckin' (Grateful Dead - they played so early on Sun, the crew - after partying the night before - forgot to turn on the equipment - limited footage and it's a one-camera lock), Let's Get Together (Joe Sharino - Woz' friend - covering the classic by the Youngbloods) ... not to worry, all your favorite artists are represented, just not entire songs. The music in the bonus features fills in the blanks.

Music clearances - this was BRUTAL. To be clear, the talent was a pleasure to deal with. The publishers, not as much. In fairness to them, I was approaching them about a single segment from a 35 year old show and I am not exactly Live Nation or Sony. I was not the top priority, sorry it took so long. But it's done.

WHAT HAPPENS NOW: I incorporate the music into the film as I chose to allocate it. Then comes post production - sound edit, color correction, etc. After that, I will have a final film, and this will be later this month (August).

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THAT: I add the "extra's" for the deluxe download and DVD/Blu-Ray's, I contact an authoring house to establish the menu and meantime - I finalize the other Rewards - t-shirts, posters. I intend to send all of this out, including the film, in September.

EXCEPTIONS - the booklet, I am making it great, it might not be ready in September, I may have to send separately. It's a ton of work.

SURVEYS: you MUST fill these out. Look for a "Kickstarter survey" from me within the next couple of days. I need your address (don't messenger me your address, please - wait for the survey), and depending on your Reward, I may need other info too.

I think I covered it. Sorry this was so long, but it was a long time coming.

US FESTIVAL FOREVER!

- Glenn