View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I find it hard to believe that Stevie would have stayed quiet if this had happened, especially not once Lindsey left the band and everyone was so angry. Over the next 5 years, she spent a lot of time bashing Lindsey and then FM in the press (because she was mad about Silver Springs being withheld) and if her vocals had been taken off of the Tango album, I think she would have said so during that angry phase, not to mention that I think the song versions with her voice on them would have leaked out and would have been circulating over the years. Instead, what we have is two songs and no more.
I suspect that Stevie tends to vent about injustices after the fact only when she was prevented from doing something or when the project was a commercial disappointment. As such, yes, Stevie complained about not having SS for Timespace, which is consistent with all of her complaints about being a prolific songwriter and getting insufficient real estate for her songs on Fleetwood Mac albums. She will complain about bad experiences behind the scenes when the album is a big hit (like Rumours or TITN] but she will never criticize the music itself. But when an album is a flop (e.g., Street Angel or Say You Will), she will talk trash about the music. I mean, what does she have to gain by criticizing a really successful piece of work?