View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Oh, so this piqued my interest. From my reading, Christine has been very reluctant to say much about the demise of that relationship, but was that part of it? Him latching onto her songwriting and taking credit? I feel like I saw that somewhere or it was implied from remarks she's made? Any info on this -- greatly appreciated!

As you say, she hasn't said much about the divorce. In fact, there isn't a great deal known about their marriage in general. Eddy was a musician and songwriter before he met Christine, but obviously he didn't do anything of note. It doesn't seem as if he's done anything of note after the divorce either. As bwboy says, I do remember a recent (ish) interview in which she made some sort of dismissive comment. I think an interviewer mentioned her songwriting partnership with her ex-husband and she said something like 'The less said about that the better' (or something along those lines).
The only difference in her Eddy-era songs is she leaned even more on the hook of the songs. This led to some big hits but in some cases to the detriment of the overall emotional feeling of the songs. I cant imagine Eddy had that much of an input her music. Christine doesn't really need to write with anyone else but I think she feels the need to have somebody else as a crutch for reassurance.

I cant remember what the interview was in which she made a brief comment- was it one of the ones on BBC Radio 2 with Ken Bruce?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood