View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
If it was vetoed for Fleetwood Mac it would have surely been played on the Buckingham McVie tour just to make a point. My guess is it was originally intended for a Fleetwood Mac album but it was clear early on Stevie wasn't playing ball so it was held back.
On With the Show came out of the group of songs with Sad Angel, Miss Fantasy, and It Takes Time. Stevie selected Miss Fantasy and Sad Angel as the ones to be released first. OWTS was held back. i suspect they may have discussed to play both SA and MF on their 2013 tour, but then Stevie came up with her song to balance it instead. therefore it was Sad Angel and Without You.

i doubt there was any discussion of playing new songs during OWTS tour. Lindsey gave up for that specific tour, and i have to assume was hoping FM may have a follow-up touring the new album. when it became clear that was not happening they quickly switched plans and went ahead with BuckVie release. considering that whole meandering history i'm ecstatic that BuckVie release and tour actually happened!!

now on to LB new album and solo tour! 2018 is almost here, we need to plan our year and need those dates soon Lindsey!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"