Thread: Bob Welch
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
I DON'T understand the reasoning...it was an "unreasonable act" to omit Bob from induction.
Barring any conspiracy from Mick to omit Bob from this honour, I understood it to be because the band had zero hits while Bob was a member. If that's the reasoning, I understand it. I don't agree with it, because hits aren't an indication of quality nor contribution made by a member.

I have problems with this kind of institution anyway because it's so subjective. That's why maybe we shouldn't take these people so seriously. If they decide someone's better than someone else and cut a guy out of a fairly pointless honour for a fairly pointless reason, then that's just their opinion and nothing more. The downside is that it's a very public snub which isn't nice.

As for the old line-up being the Peter Green show, well OK but only up to a point. You could just as easily say the current line-up is the Stevie Nicks show. It amounts to much the same thing.

The other thing I'm wondering is how much overseas sales influence the decision on who gets in to the RnRHoF and who doesn't. Obviously the Green-era line-up were tremendously successful in the UK, far more so than any other line-up bar the Rumours band - maybe this was why Jeremy and Danny got in and Billy, Rick etc didn't. Jeremy didn't feel it to be very important anyway since he didn't show up, and I'm sure Danny couldn't have been less interested.