View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebise View Post

"Baby Don't Lose Your Heart" ~ Stevie recorded a version of Bruce Springsteen's then-unreleased song, "Janey Don't Lose Heart", for The Wild Heart in 1983. Bruce wasn't pleased that Stevie changed the title subject to be a male, and had her turn over all copies of her version back to him. Bruce put his version out as a b-side in 1985 (and subsequent CD compilations), but Stevie's version remains completely unheard by fans.
Mike, I could have sworn, "Don't Lose Heart" as reported in Rolling Stone's random notes section, sometime during the summer of 84', was recorded for Stevie's upcoming 3rd solo album. In the mention, It goes on to say that Bruce Springsteen had contributed a song for Stevie's upcoming album entitled "Don't Lose Heart", but at press time RS was unsure if it was going to be used on the final album.

I will need to scour my old RS w/ Stevie mentions out of the basement. But I remember that article vividly that summer, cause I did not like Bruce and was disappointed in his involvement. On the other hand, I knew Stevie was a major Police fanatic back then, but had no idea she was intending a duet with Sting on the Wild Heart sessions. That's crazy!