View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tuesday, December 15, 2009
MICK FLEETWOOD BAND Nominated For "Best Traditional Blues Album" Grammy

“It’s incredibly rewarding to know that I am being recognized for the music that really started me off in my career. Not many people realize that the original Fleetwood Mac was indeed a blues band, and to come full circle at this point in my career is extremely gratifying,” says drummer extraordinaire MICK FLEETWOOD about the Grammy nomination for theMICK FLEETWOOD BLUES BAND FEATURING RICK VITO CD BLUE AGAINin the “Best Traditional Blues Album” category.

Being singled out in a category that has previously awarded such icons as B.B. King, John Lee Hooker, Etta James and Buddy Guy is “obviously an unbelievable honor,” says MICK, calling from Australia where he’s on the massive Fleetwood Mac world tour. “These artists are amongst the many that initially inspired me and could really be considered my mentors.”

Working with friend and former Fleetwood Mac guitarist and vocalist Rick Vito “was incredibly comfortable and familiar. Not only because Rick and I had played together during his tenure in Fleetwood Mac, but also because his style is so reminiscent of [original Fleetwood Mac guitarist] Peter Green. Rick is one of the premiere slide players in the world and his uniqueness comes from his ability to marry both styles seamlessly.”

Produced by Fleetwood and Vito, the BLUE AGAIN album was recorded live in 2008 at the Sheldon Concert Hall in St. Louis, MO and released this year via 429 Records. The band--with bassist Lenny Castellanos and keyboardist Mark Johnstone--digs in deep on Peter Green-penned Fleetwood Mac gems such as “Stop Messin’ Around,” “Rattlesnake Shake” and “Black Magic Woman,” as well Vito originals like “Red Hot Gal,” Fleetwood Boogie,” “When We Do The Lucky Devil,” and “I Got A Hole In My Shoe,” plus a cover of Elmore James’ “Shake Your Moneymaker.” The album debuted in the Top 20 on the iTunes Overall Chart, hit #1 on the iTunes Blues chart and hit #4 on the Billboard Blues Chart. Look for a red hot live DVD of the show to be released January 26 via 429 Records.

http://themacwire.blogspot.com/2009/...-for-best.html