View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
And it's hilarious that Stevie wanted Lindsey out, while trying to keep the show exactly the same as it was when he was still in.
Yeah...IMO, this is the only tidbit that's sorta revealing at this point. There were a LOT of fans who had this attitude of "oh with stubborn Lindsey out of the picture, the band can finally do whatever they want" That theory turned out to be crap...as expected.

I think the Mike situation totally backfired on Stevie. I think she thought he would be an absolute shoe-in and would come in having learned Lindsey's parts verbatim. Turns out he had no interest in that approach from the get-go. Early on he spoke about not even trying to replicate his style.

As I've said a million times, I'll never understand all the drama over timing/logistics for a tour that was really just another repeat of the 2014 tour. They didn't have a new album out, putting them under the gun to hit the road by a drop-dead date. They still started the tour well after the brief delay Lindsey had asked for, so It didn't get them on the road any sooner. So dumb.

Last edited by BigAl84; 04-16-2024 at 02:27 PM..