Thread: 1982 Sara
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I couldn't agree more...love the '82 versions ESPECIALLY Stevie's songs. As others mentioned, Stevie's vocal for Sara on the live album was done in the studio. The only part they kept from the St. Louis performance (Stevie vocal-wise) is the tag at the beginning of the song (Wait a minute baby...). That vocal was not sweetened or tweaked, it was re-recorded. Stevie has done this often including the Bella Donna HBO concert, the Stand Back and Stop Draggin' from the US Festival (completely re-recorded vocals for the broadcast), Oakland '83 radio tracks, Red Rocks '86, Tango '87, Houston '89 radio show, and the House of Blues '94 radio show. Stevie is no stranger to re-recorded studio vocals.

Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I've been listening to some bootlegs of Tusk and Mirage shows. I am really enjoying how they played Sara in 1982. They seem to play it at a slightly faster pace than they did in 1979. Lindsey's guitar is what really sticks out to me, I love how he played it on the Mirage tour. My favorite one to listen to is the Sara from the 10-15-1982 Denver Colorado show. Stevie sounds kinda rough during this performance, but the rest of the band is on point, the instruments sound great. Too bad we didn't get the full live set on deluxe Mirage.