View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Funny you should mention that. I can't help recalling in Mick's book how Stevie cried and begged Lindsey not to leave. Oh how times have changed...
August 7, 1987.
We gathered at Christine's house, where from the start feelings ran high. No one wanted to face the humiliation of a canceled tour it was like a hideous specter from our distant past except for Lindsey, who just wanted out. The meeting was civil for about five minutes. Stevie felt devastated. She took Lindsey's rejection of us personally. "You can't do this," she said. "Why are you doing this?"
Lindsey apologised. "Look, I'm sorry. I just can't do any more. I've given twelve years of my life to this band! I've done it all arranged, produced, played guitar, sang. I just can't... hack it..."
///////////
I looked over at Stevie, who was brushing back tears. "Lindsey," she said, "you've broken my ****ing heart on this."

Fleetwood: My Life and Adventures in Fleetwood Mac. Mick Fleetwood with Stephen Davis. 1990

“Last January, Fleetwood Mac made the decision to continue to tour without me,” Buckingham said in a statement to Rolling Stone regarding the suit. “I remain deeply surprised and saddened, as this decision ends the beautiful 43-year legacy we built together. Over the last eight months, our many efforts to come to an agreement have unfortunately proved elusive. I’m looking forward to closure, and will always remain proud of all that we created, and what that legacy represents.”
Rolling Stone magazine, October 11, 2018.

Well, I do agree 100% with this 2018 Lindsey quote, but I guess (and no matter how accurate was Mick in his 1990 book, I think it reflects the actual Lindsey state of mind at that moment) he didn't care about Fleetwood Mac legacy in 1987.

So more than one member changed his/her point of view over the years. Anyway as Meryl Streep said in "Ricki" movie: "You know, the crowd loves that drama and tension. Yeah? That was what made Fleetwood Mac really popular."

Last edited by Villavic; 07-22-2019 at 11:55 AM..