View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Yes, but your situation, it appears, is different - your mentors were female. Dani's is male. And she said he was sexy and she was obsessed with him. And she's mentioned several times on these boards that she is into older men.

When I was in junior high, the assistant principal tried to be buddy-buddy with me. I babysat for him a few times (during which his daughter told me she hated her dad). My mom despised the guy and kept major tabs on the situation. I'm glad she did. He was convicted of child molestation the following summer and sentenced to nine years in prison. Looking back now, I can see he was trying to set it up to go down that road with me.

Granted, I was 13 and Dani is 17. However, I don't care how mature you are, or think you are. You just are not equipped as a 17 year old to handle a relationship with a lates 20's or 30 something teacher. And shame on him for not finding someone other than a student to share these deep emotions with. Some lines should just not be crossed.

I don't know Dani and I'm not going to lose sleep over what she decides to do with her life. I'm just expressing my opinion, as one of the older members of this board (since it is now overrun with teenagers), and trying to provide some perspective from an old lady's point of view.