View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
I appreciate the feedback, but I'm surprised by it as well. This doesn't bother you guys? I posted on my FB page and good friends who are into music, one a big Machead like me, all said not to go.

I will probably get a ticket anyway, but I really believe that live music should be just that. I would MUCH RATHER hear them play and sing live with mistakes and missed notes than to hear a better sound because it's been pre-recorded. I feel like it's really cheating the audience and it's just plain lazy. I don't know if lots of other bands do that, but if so, they aren't the people that I see play live. Also, one of my friends made a really good point. He has seen Bruce Springsteen, Sting, and Peter Gabriel live recently and none of them did this, and they are all in their 60's or more. So age really shouldn't be an issue.

If anyone wants to comment on why this doesn't bother them, feel free to. I don't want to start a big controversy or anything, but I am interested in hearing other opinions.

Thanks.

Kevin
if you do a quick search through TL threads you will see plenty of opinions on this - what bothers and doesn't bother people about this.

i'm shocked that your "machead" friends are telling you not to go. everyone who went, whether machead, buckhead, chrishead or stevie fan loved the show (even though we are all bothered by this, same as we were at Mac shows!). everyone who went wants to or is going to the next leg / another show too. the only people who are looking for an excuse not to go seem to be strongly SN-first fans (which i didn't think you were?). but i also know plenty of SN-first fans who went to a several shows, and loved them.

frankly, you seem to be looking for an excuse not to go. the first leg, 2-3 hour drive was too far for you; now they will be coming close yet you seem to still be on the fence. i think you shouldn't go. you will be missing a great show and tons of fun, but if you need to be so talked into going so much, maybe you should just skip?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"