Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Don't be torn just go.

Think about like this. People still go and
see Elvis impersonators. And that's kind
of what this tour is like. Very, very good
impersonators.
I appreciate the feedback, but I'm surprised by it as well. This doesn't bother you guys? I posted on my FB page and good friends who are into music, one a big Machead like me, all said not to go.

I will probably get a ticket anyway, but I really believe that live music should be just that. I would MUCH RATHER hear them play and sing live with mistakes and missed notes than to hear a better sound because it's been pre-recorded. I feel like it's really cheating the audience and it's just plain lazy. I don't know if lots of other bands do that, but if so, they aren't the people that I see play live. Also, one of my friends made a really good point. He has seen Bruce Springsteen, Sting, and Peter Gabriel live recently and none of them did this, and they are all in their 60's or more. So age really shouldn't be an issue.

If anyone wants to comment on why this doesn't bother them, feel free to. I don't want to start a big controversy or anything, but I am interested in hearing other opinions.

Thanks.

Kevin