View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
Everyone has their own opinion.

1. I think recording with Lindsey was difficult. It came out during Say You Will. She was frustrated by pettiness of him asking her to change her verb tense.

But was that really such a big deal? Band mates are never going to agree 100% of the time and its surely fair enough to make suggestions to each other. Such discussions happen all the time in daily life. The normal response is to just disagree, stick to your guns and move on. No big deal.

2. He is creative. But what he did to Smile At You was hideous. I for one, was not overly impressed with Buckingham McVie. It did not grow on me.

She didn't have to go along with Smile At You. She's part of the creative process too. Surely she could step up and say 'I don't like that, can we keep it simple?'
They might then disagree, have a discussion and move on in a different direction.
IMHO Buckingham McVie was great but it would have been even better (and probably fitting last FM album had Stevie been involved. She was the last ingredient that was needed.

3. Stevie did not leave the band. The band did not fire her. Thus Buckingham McVie could not be issued under Fleetwood Mac. The majority of the members obviously did not want to throw her out over that.

They didn't want to, but they should have.
They are a band together.
They wanted to record.
She says 'No'. To me that = resignation.

Just a few observations ^^^^^^^^^^

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood