View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ego, it all comes down to ego.

Lindsey doing solo dates between Fleetwood Mac dates was never going to fly. It risked pulling people out of Fleetwood Mac seats and into his show instead. It's disheartening to realize Lindsey thought it would be ok with the rest of the group, it goes to show that I think Lindsey's (and I say this lovingly) assessment of how the rest of the band viewed him and his ability to work with them, must of been quite a bit different than reality. He made very respectful comments about Stevie needing to do her 24k tour and even said, "no harm, no foul in needing to do that". I think he was expecting the courtesy to be returned and it was not. In short, I think he was giving them more credit than they deserved.

Promoters were not going to sign off on a tour with Lindsey playing solo within a neighboring market. It would upset their ability to play secondary markets and milk the cash for every last drop. And no matter how small of a percentage his solo dates would have on Fleetwood Mac ticket sales, we all know Mick is going to side with anybody advising him when it comes to anything remotely financial.