View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Recording "Tusk" With Fleetwood Mac in 1979

Several years ago, one of the 1979 members of the Trojan Marching Band shared with me his memories of recording the marching band parts for the "Tusk" single. I thought it might be interesting to share. Here's what he said:

I was one of the members of the USC Marching band who recorded with FM in 1979. We did the recording first at Dodger Stadium, and then a few of us overdubbed at a recording studio. We did the final recording in June, 79. Around mid August, 79, I heard a tune on the radio which sounded vaguely familiar. It wasn't until the name of the song was announced, that I realized it was the song we had recorded the prior June.

FM was a lot of fun and was really great to the band; they gave us enough money to buy new uniforms (for +250 members!), turned us on to a buffet and several cases of beer at the Dodger Stadium recording session, had us play with them for several nights at the Fabulous Forum, and even did a half-time show with us. During the drum break in the middle of the song, while the USC band did a scatter drill, I took the opportunity to give Stevie Nicks a little kiss. She was a great sport about it, and even laughed.

moviekinks.blogspot.com