View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My head is dizzy from reading all the varied speculations, opinions and theories addressing all facets of the Fleetwood Mac dynamic -- overwhelming but a very interesting read.

My contribution is very simple.

I think Christine retired because she just wanted to simplify her life, and was tired of the lifestyle, rigors and responsibility of being in a band. I don't yearn for her to rejoin the band if her heart isn't into it. I feel, from her comments, she is so far removed from being the high-profile rock star she once was. It would be a shocking adjustment for her to just snap back into that role. If she wants to commit to it, great! But Fleetwood Mac inherently has always been an evolving entity, and I've gotten used to this "Buckingham/Nicks" era.

My beef is with Stevie - such an odd, eccentric and stubborn creature! It's clear that Lindsey, as he stated, wants to make another Fleetwood Mac album. I also want another full album, not just a another digital EP! If she is not inclined to offer any new material, she has plenty of existing material to draw from. I hate to see her stymie the opportunity for us to have another album! Lindsey has been in a phase of immense creativity and inspiration with his solo work. I would love to hear how that plays out in the Big Machine!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 06-08-2013 at 11:26 AM..