View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm fairly certain Timothy's songs haven't been lowered. I am a musician, and I have a guitar leaning against the couch at all times. AND I'm a freak who remembers the keys of songs. So songs like Heart Of The Matter, the second it begins, I'm like "this doesn't sound like 'D'"(grabs guitar - "nope, they're doing it in C now").

Do you have any of the bootleg live Eagle's DVDs? There are a ton of them out there. Far far more than FM. My favorite is a pro shot one in Christchurch NZ. It was an outdoor show, and it absolutely rained cats and dogs for the entire thing. Anyway, Henley is having a REALLY hard time getting through Boys Of Summer, and Timothy jumps in and is singing the end of the song with him(singing Don's part - so at least someone is hitting the notes!).

Yeah, I think you're right, now. Henley is a POMPOUS, bitter f*ck. Arguably one of the greatest vocalists of his generation. Yeah, when he keeps saying, "Mr. Felder", you can sense the animosity. What is it about being sued that makes people so bitter? Ask Christine why she kept Bob Welch out of the R&RHOF!!!
I will take your expertise on it over my "gee that sounds different" hunches lol.

The rain in that Christchurch show is insane. I've seen bits and pieces over the years, can't recall Boys of Summer specifically. It's been on Youtube off and on but like most Eagles things, doesn't last very long.

And yes, his insistence on referring to Felder as "Mr. Felder" was a dead giveaway. It was said in a seething way. I don't think they get together for barbecues. LOL

That whole Bob Welch / RRHOF thing is really irksome. In hindsight, no surprise that Chris would take the stance she did in 2018 given how she acted 20 years prior.