View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, I don't think it's joking about Stevie. I think it's the part where you said that's why she is still single, as if a woman's goal in life is not to be single and it's a failing of hers somehow that she doesn't have a man.

But just saying that she draws out the last word in all of her songs is certainly not misogynistic.

And Lindsey happens to be a man (well, I don't, in his younger days he was pretty feminine) but I don't think people say he made Stevie and Christine's songs better is because of his gender. Maybe it's because he was a talented producer.

He made some of John Stewart's songs better too.

Michele
Rules I live by:

I never make fun of the one I love(when I found out that CM kept Bob Welch out of the RRHOF, it broke my fkn heart, and she was WRONG, but I never diss the Queen). And I do respect the hell out of Lindsey, even if he is a control freak. John is just John...he's always held the same position, with little attitude, a monster bass player, and I respect him for that...

The other two, well, I kind of find them to be cartoonish. Easy to mock, and often invite doing so. Stevie's repeating the last words in song, for many years, has irritated me like a grain of sand inside my shell, and it still hasn't turned into a pearl!

John Stewart's Gold is one of my top favorite "FM" songs ever!