View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 11:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Also, I maintain that there is more to the story/firing than smirking and Rhiannon. People are just gobbling up Lindsey’s comments as complete truth. Has anyone here been fired? I have, once. Unfairly, but I did have some responsibility. But I refused to look at my contribution to the problem for several months. When I talked about it, I claimed 100% innocence and never told the entire story.

Finally, the band was very rude to make fun of her in front of an audience. She can talk as long as she goddamn wants. They don’t like it - tell her directly. What a bunch of obnoxious children. These people stopped liking and respecting each other a long time ago.
I want to start this post by genuinely and honestly conveying that I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on this question. It's not a trap!

Initially, the band said LB's firing was the result of a scheduling conflict, which morphed over time into them saying they, collectively, had been unhappy for years. (I think it's important that Mick has never singled anyone out when he describes the band's position.)

For months we've been waiting for Lindsey to give his side of the story. Yesterday he finally did, via Rolling Stone. You are cautioning people not to believe Lindsey's side of the story completely because there are two sides to this conflict. Fair.

My question is: which parts of Lindsey's story do you not believe and why?

The reason I ask is that LB's versions of events, to those of us who have been discussing it (ad nauseum, haha) for the past few months seems to more closely align with other information we knew to be true (i.e., some sort of argument at MusiCares, this plan in motion beforehand given when Mike joined, etc.) On the other hand, scheduling conflicts and deep-seeded unhappiness among the band, strains credulity (i.e., a scheduling conflict is no reason to fire a 43-year member of the band, and everyone outside of Stevie seemed to be getting along swimmingly for LB/CM last year).

So anyway, in the spirit of understanding where everyone is coming from, I'm just curious how much of LB's version of events you're willing to buy and what your reasoning is. And if you don't want to respond, that's fine, too. Just wanted to ask!