View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Neil just released two albums in the last year with no expectation of it leading to anything beyond what his fans would appreciate, which he was completely happy with. Mike has been rightfully mourning the loss of his best friend and bandmate of 50 years. Both have had storied careers. Neither needed this gig. Neil has said that he is under the impression that there will be new music. Maybe he’ll be right.
Steve, as much as I love you as fellow FM fan, and as much as you pay attention, you don't. Mike and Neil have said so themselves they were chomping at the bit at joining FM. Those were their words, not mine. The money, the glory, the living high on the hog. All of that were their words, not mine. If creativity follows, then so be it. I don't think that's high on their priority list though.

Quote:
Then why all the faux outrage? He’s now able to be as creative as he wants to be, which I find exciting.
Because he deserved better. He deserved that pot of gold after contributing so much time and effort into developing the songs and sound of FM. A lot of the ones they are playing in concert today. Making that money on what Lindsey was chiefly responsible for. You know the Rumours 5 sound. I agree though, at least he is free to be creative as he wants to be. Even though it is the twilight hour, I wish him all the best. He so deserves it!!!!!!!

Last edited by jwd; 10-05-2018 at 08:14 PM..