View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They did some Peter Green stuff when Rick Vito was in the band.

I think the biggest reason they want to revisit the early material is because 2018 is the 50th anniversary of their first two albums and Mick, Stevie, and John wanted to celebrate the 50 year legacy of the band, whereas Lindsey talks about the 43 year legacy of the Rumours lineup. Both are valid viewpoints.
You are right but my point was that FM had at that time 20 years of material to chose from and they did a total of 4 PG songs on the two tours 87-88 and 90. They did nothing from any OTHER member pre 75. If Mick really cared about those guys he would have done songs by them. The fact is he was happy doing whatever as long he was making money. Because SN has demanded they do this stuff for the new tour he is doing it and NOT because he wants to.

This tour is nothing more then a cash grab. If they end up doing a new CD it will only be because SN wants to stick it to Lindsey.

It amazes me how many fans give Mick a pass time and again for his behavior. What would have to happen before the worshipers say "I think that is too much" or " I am drawing the line here and can't support that kind of behavior" etc.

One person on Facebook said they sounded "Fresh" at Iheart. WTH. They sounded good but fresh???? There was nothing remotely fresh about that. They played hits they have done before in the same way. Nothing more nothing less.

I would also say that allot of the people acting all excited about hearing pre 75 material likely never cared for that material before and probably don't even own any material from FM that dates before 75. I own almost all the FM albums and even have solo 45's from Bob Welch and Danny Kirwan etc.