View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I was one of the first to say I was looking forward to seeing the new sextuplet line up. It was new and exciting and enticing. Then they did a few interviews, my interest piqued.

All the anticipation - stupidly bought a ticket I won't be able to afford airfare for unless I get a new job or win the lottery. To Sacramento show, where I saw Stevie solo two years before.

Now, lately, I keep thinking how stupid they (and most people think they is Mick and Stevie but we don't know for certain how involved the McVies were) were. The Rumours 5 put on a spectacular show in Sydney in late 2015. I am so happy I got to see them for what I was sure at the time would not be the last time. How wrong I was.

I'm not one to get involved in the I Stand With Lindsey movement. The band made a decision I disagree with, there are conflicting accounts publicly and only they (the band) know the real story.

But what they did was unfair to a man who had done so much for them.
I will miss him.
I'd say if you're a fan of The Rumours Five, you'd be lying if you said you wouldn't miss Lindsey. His touch was so integral to the sound of that configuration. You can't take him out and have THAT SOUND. I really do love all the different FM lineups over the last 50 years, but The Rumours 5 is my favorite. So for sure I'm going to miss Lindsey more than Peter, Danny, and Bob. I missed what those guys brought to the band too, but Lindsey was a contributor for so many more years than those guys. Lindsey deserved better than how he got treated.