View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
He's one of the most famous great, great guitar players of all time. People put him right up at the top with Hendrix and Clapton. From one of the biggest great, great rock bands. Is there a band aside from The Beatles or The Stones that was bigger than Led Zeppelin? There's literally no reason to think he would have any interest in joining Fleetwood Mac and play a bunch of Lindsey Buckingham parts on their greatest hits tour when they're all 70. As much as I love the band, it would be beneath him lol.

...and that was exactly my initial reaction.
Then you realise he's idle not though choice but because he doesn't have a band to play with. More than anything he wants to write/tour/record with Led Zep but Robert Plant isn't interested. He comes across as quite sad to no longer have that in his life. He's tried putting his own band together in recent times but it hasn't come off. Of course he doesn't need the money but I don't think the idea that its 'beneath him' would come into it. He just likes playing live music to big audiences. Not saying he'd definitely have said yes, but I think there's a decent chance.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood