View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Although I was bummed out to read LB was fired from the band, I'm actually intrigued to see what Mike Campbell and Neil Finn bring to the Mac. And I do feel a lot of sympathy for LB super fans, who feel understandably outraged and hurt. I loved Behind the Mask so I don't agree that LB was the ONLY thing that made them good. If you believe that, then you're not being realistic.

FM and Rumours are incredible albums, but I've always felt Tusk was when LB really took the reins, and that album took 25 years to be appreciated. Mirage and Tango were ok but not incredible albums, for a variety of different reasons. As Long As You Follow was as good as anything the Rumours crew did, and LB had nothing to do with that song, so I know FM will kick butt on this tour.

Go Your Own Way will probably be the only LB song they sing... along with Blue Letter and Crystal, maybe. I could see Neil Finn singing I Know I'm Not Wrong and or Second Hand News, though.
I don't see the band doing any Lindsey songs period, not even Go Your Own Way. Lindsey did not mind in 1987 because he left on his own accord. It would be pathetic to try to replace Lindsey with doing Lindsey songs. How pathetic. They will move in a new direction. I would be against it but Stevie will want to do a Heartbreaker song. The whole thing irks me so no more comments from me.

I agree with you that its rude and weird Billy and Rick were not called. That would be something and they could have explored old music. Mike plays nothing like Lindsey. Mike plays with an edge but its a shame the tour will not include Hold Me and Isnt It Midnight - both Lindsey/Christine masterpieces