View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 12:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree with you on the member bashing. The band was always fair game, but personal attacks on members weren't....which seemingly has changed here of late. I don't like it, either.

Thick skin has always been (pretty much) a requirement to ~hang~ on here, I guess it just has to be thicker, now. You got this, Elle.
Misogynist comments about band members should not be considered fair game. The same way a racist comment wouldn’t be considered acceptable. They perpetuate nasty behavior against women and allowing it in the board sends a message that it is acceptable behavior. If Homer and others can’t understand this, that is on them. But they are hardly victims. They are bullies who hide behind a computer to express their misogyny but cry foul when the recipient of a personal attack.

The misogyny also plays out in how these posters interact with women who have the nerve to disagree strongly with them.

If owners want to ban me for calling out misogyny, feel free. There is very little useful or interesting dialogue here anyway, just a lot of chit-chat and backslapping among a handful of people.

Last edited by Buster; 06-25-2018 at 12:51 PM..