View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Christine’s lack of name recognition is irrelevant. Her brand is “Fleetwood Mac,” not “Christine McVie.” For comparison, Robert Pollard isn’t as big a draw under his own in terms of album and ticket sales name as he is if he bills it as Guided by Voices.

Comparing the 2013 tour to the 2014-15 tour, concert goers clearly understood the difference.
I'm not saying anything about Christine's name recognition or lack thereof. I'm saying that I don't think promoters care remotely about who wrote the most top 40 hits when it comes to touring and I'm almost positive that doesn't affect ticket sales. What impacts ticket sales is the big picture. The OWTS tour sold so well because it was heavily promoted with the whole 'The classic Fleetwood Mac lineup is back'. That's a big thing to tote and why, like you said, it sold even better than the 2013 tour. BUT the 2013 tour and those before it still sold perfectly well because it still mostly resembled Fleetwood Mac and they played all the songs everyone wants to hear and that's what most people going to the shows care about.
Christine leaving would be a big deal to promoters not because she wrote the most top 40 hits. Hardly anyone outside of this board even knows who wrote what in Fleetwood Mac. It would be a big deal because, combined with the Lindsey situation, it would just be too much controversy. One member they can handle, but another?