View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird View Post
To play devil's advocate, I've never heard people talk about how hard it is to work with Stevie as much as how hard it is (or could be, anyway) to work with Lindsey. I know he has worked hard to overcome a lot of demons, but who knows, there might still be issues. If the process is likely to be just plain unpleasant for Stevie, I can see why she'd need a greater incentive, as someone said above, to balance things out and make it more worthwhile for her. Christine would help. Production of her songs that she actually liked would help. Interactions that didn't rub salt in old wounds would help. Otherwise, if it's artistic merit she wants, she has her solo career for that.
When Stevie was on drugs, I don't think she got along well with any producers, not even Iovine and we know we have to pretend that Street Angel doesn't even exist, because of the conflict there. With the Tango album, working with Lindsey was not the problem. Even Mick said that although Lindsey treated the rest of them like marionettes, he was super sweet to Stevie when she was there.

Lindsey hasn't worked with a lot of people outside of FM, but Egan, Stewart and Welch didn't seem to complain about him.

You're right. As Stevie said in 2003 that Lindsey had been out of her life a long time and she doesn't need him to make her music come true anymore. She has other ways to be creative and it's a more enjoyable, fulfilling thing to do outside of FM these days.

I wish she would just say that. You mentioned working with another producer and so did Stevie. So, that's what Lindsey tried to do. He went about it the wrong way, I think, pulling Mitchell Froom out of a hat like a rabbit. But he was responding to what Stevie said.

If the truth is she doesn't want to work with him even with an outside producer, then she should just say so.

If you come over to my house and I offer you apple pie, if you say, "No, I don't like apple pie," then I will not pester you about pie again.

However, if you say, "Oh, no it looks delicious, but I just ate," then I'm going to wait for an hour until your appetite dissipates and then I'm going to ask you again if you want apple pie. When you give me excuses, I'm going to try to resolve your objectons and it's not because I don't respect your wishes, it's because you made me think that under certain circumstances, you WILL want pie. When you just tell me you're not interested in my pie, I guess I'll finally leave you alone.

Michele