Thread: Is this fair?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
2) They were asking him to come down for a "talk." I guess I respect the fact that they wanted to tell him to his face that he was fired since apparently they didn't do so before, but I can understand why he wouldn't fly down there for that.

So, they shouldn't brag about inviting him to the rehearsal as if that's terribly magnanimous of them when they dumped him. It's like bragging about how nice you are for inviting your ex to your wedding, then calling him rude when he doesn't attend.
I guess that's why he didn't go. Because he knew they wanted to make the firing official and of course he couldn't face that. Totally understandable.
He also probably didn't go because he knew his firing was a done deal, so what was the point of doing a long trip just to have another fight with Mick and Stevie?

They wanted to look him in the eye and tell him he was fired. What a bunch of losers! First they omitted the truth and they said he left the band but then once they truth is out they brag about their generosity.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.