Thread: Bob Welch
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not so sure the band had much say in the decision. I always got the impression that some of the people who control who gets inducted weren't all that crazy about inducting Fleetwood Mac in the first place. So, I really don't think Mick had the power to say who was to be included that, say, Jerry Garcia had with the Grateful Dead, as it could very well be that Fleetwood Mac was lucky to be inducted at all. In any event, I'm sure that the six who were on stage were the six Mick REALLY wanted to show as Fleetwood Mac. Let's face it, Mick, John, and those four had pretty much ALL of their big hits in Europe and the USA.

I think that Bob Welch, Billy Burnette, and Rick Vito should have been inducted, too. Bob was a critical factor in musically bringing Fleetwood Mac into the '70s, and in establishing Fleetwood Mac more in the USA. And, he actually had a quasi-hit single with "Hypnotized." As for Billy and Rick, if we're being honest, they were in the second most successful incarnation of Fleetwood Mac to date, even more successful than the SYW band. Of course, people will say that people weren't really going to Mac shows to see Billy and Rick, but then were people going to see Danny and Jeremy? No, but they still got in.

THE Stephen Hopkins