View Single Post
Old 10-09-2002, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1. Publicity: How many times do you see the Mac on tv? HARDLY EVER!!!!

2. Lack of props all around: Stevie is basically the face of Fleetwood Mac which isn't fair to the members of the Rumours era as well as all other members who have been in the band. Lindsey is the studio wizard, Chris is the writer of pop hits and Stevie is the mystical witch, all three should have garnered the same praise and attention, whether it be good or bad. Now Mick and John are different because they don't contribute as much musically to the band than those three.

3. Lack of information on ALL Eras of The Mac: How many fans know of the Peter Green era? The Bob Welch Era? The Rumours Era? The Behind The Mask Era? While the Rumours lineup is definately the favorite amongst fans (as well as myself) there isn't enough information about the other incarnations of the group (just watch the pitiful BTM of the Mac.) Most fans (unless they have visited this site and read the bios, or have read Mick's book :rollseyes: ) have no idea how the group progressed from the blues to mainstream rock/pop. Very few people know who Peter Green, Bob Welch, Danny Kirwan, Jeremy Spencer, Rick Vito, Billy Burnette, etc. are. That's why there needs to be a new BTM with interviews with as many Mac members as possible. Tell the story straight up (not glazed over like Mick's book) and give us information about the people who have come to be apart of the Mac family. No punches pulled!

4. Solo Work and Breaks: Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Lindsey's/Christine's/Stevie's solo albums but the time in between albums for the group is just way too long. '79 to '82 to '87 doesn't cut it.

5. The Time "Debacle": The whole Time lineup probably shouldn't have happened. I have NOTHING against Billy, Bekka and Dave Mason, nor do I hold a grudge with John or Mick with their decision, but it shouldn't have happened. Fans wanted Lindsey, Stevie and Christine not these guys. Unfortunately, (at least in my eyes) for Bekka, she got a lot of crap because she had to do Stevie's songs, which had to be hard at times for her, because she wasn't in her own world, she was in somebody else's.

Matt