View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
figures, i'm actually sitting here listening to the album for about the 4th time today ...

i think there are obvious similarities ... but there doesn't seem to be the same kind of overt antagonism between blake & jenny that has been palpable between SN&LB for the last, oh ... 150 years or so. and that's what keeps RK a vital artistic force rather than merely a moneymaker (o hay puns are fun) like FM. and thanks to merf for the scan. i'd go broke if i tried to buy every magazine that had a spread on my favorite bands/people.
duuuude. it's SO DAMN GOOD OMG. i just cannot stand 15 and smoke detector but that seems to be what most kiley fans aren't into. i love how they're back to back, too. barf, jlew...barf. perhaps they'll grow on me but as of now, whenever i play the album i don't get too jazzed when they come on.

apart from the obvious similarities (i.e. relationship), dreamworld specifically seems like blake channeled lindsey buckingham circa 1987 tango in the night -- the guitar work bares an uncanny resemblance to the whole vibe of that era as does the faded echo technique he has going on during the chorus. it's craziness. sometimes when i listen to the song, i can kind of imagine what buckingham and nicks would sound like on the track.

buckingham and blake are both visionaries for sure. i'd be into them both collaborating on something together.