View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
Not that he’d know it since he’s dead (RIP), but the RRHOF needs to add that man posthumously to the Hall. It’s shameful that he’s not included. Even if they did it (which they won’t), it would be too little too late, but he deserves it. Welch was in the band for more albums than the R5, and he and Christine were the two song writers for that time. Mystery To Me is one of FM’s best albums! To exclude him in 1998 was another perfect example of how spineless Mick (and Chris and John) are because they didn’t stand up for him and they could have easily demanded Welch be included (but they didn’t because they were bitter over the royalty lawsuit). LB and SN get a bit of a pass since they weren’t in the band with him, but I guess the Mac was and is just full of a$$holes.
I don't think you would get anyone to disagree with you. It was a reopened wound for me to re-read his interview. Its odd because he praises Christine as the perfect musician and so talented. But it hurt to read how he said they don't talk anymore (1999). Regardless of a lawsuit, the band could have still allowed him entry. They did not have to play with him but its probably the greatest snub in RNRHOF history.