View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You can love Pat or hate Pat but false statements about her make no sense. Stevie worked harder than Pat? Oh hell no. While Stevie worked hard, she also played very hard and also was very lucky to get invited into a super group.
Pat did slow down when she had kids but her work ethic was insane. From 1979 to 1985 she released a full studio album EVERY year and toured. Pat also had to deal with things that Stevie never did. Because Pat was a solo artist, good looking, and trained in Opera, no one took her serious.
Stevie had lots of help.
For the record, I think Pat Benatar should be inducted into the HoF. I like her music a lot, although my collection is limited to Wide Awake in Dreamland, one of her 2 CD sets, and her latest live cd/dvd combo. I've owned two of her other albums but found most of the non-singles to be unmemorable and filler. Your point that she released an album every year from 1979-1985 might have hurt her credibility a little bit, possibly. Churning out an album every year is not something I think most people consider as a good reason for someone to be inducted.

I also think you're taking the comment that Stevie worked harder than Pat too literally. Pat has never said seemed to strive for stardom, but Stevie totally has. That quest for stardom is definitely something Stevie has worked harder for than Pat And yes, Stevie totally had an advantage over Pat by being in Fleetwood Mac. Stevie has a high powered manager, too.

Just my 2 cents.