View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Your friends are idiots. Being a huge Stevie Nicks fan makes you interesting and unique. I guarantee you that any time one of your friends hears a Fleetwood Mac song, they think of you. Do you have associations that strong for any of them? Probably not.

Edit:

Eventually they'll grow up and realize how much fun it is that you're as enthusiastic about Stevie as you are. My friends gave me a hard time in high school for liking Stevie the way I do. They would "bah" like goats, talk about her weight, talk about how strange it was that I liked her so much, ask me to stop talking about her as often as I do, etc.

I've gotten four calls between last night and today (from day to day friends, not Fleetwood Mac friends) to either wish me a Merry Nicksmas or play a song through the other end of the phone. Three facebook friends have made their statuses some sort of "It's Stevie Nicks bday" derivative. My favorite so far was a guy who I had a slight fling with saying "Merry Nicksmas, I know it's an important day to people of your faith." A girl I don't even like from one of my classes said that she heard it was Stevie Nicks's birthday, and it made her miss me.

Moral of the story, when your friends are ready to see how cool you are, they'll see that you're REALLY f-ing cool.
The fact is that I don't even talk about her that much, because I don't want to bother them (even if they absolutely know that i LOVE her, cause i write her name, well, everywhere ). And when I do talk about her, it's "shut up", or, well "you're ridiculous and uninteresting". And maybe that's the problem, maybe I should impose it to them, like "take it or we're not friends anymore". Maybe that would force them to care about my interests. The worse thing is that, at home, it's the opposite, i kinda feel free, so i talk about Stevie a lot. I told my father what happened today, and he said "maybe you are ridiculous". God, I know it's no big deal, but I don't know what to do anymore. It seems like, nobody cares for me (I know it's excessive).

But there's hope in your post ! . Maybe someday, they'll accept it, because it is a big part of my life. Oh, and your friends sound really really cool, I'm jealous