View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Junior Ledgie

Post Japan, Australia and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Exciting! Thanks for sharing.

I'm looking forward to hearing the other CDs in the early 1970s catalog too. I wonder why they're getting released in Japan first.
More demand there I believe. There are lots of titles I want that are only available in Japan and they're not cheap. Even the solo Kirwan CDs are only out there. Lucky that I had found one on UK LP, the only album on DJM Records I have that isn't from Elton John (which stands out as it was basically an indie label in those days).
Since someone bought the new edition, I found two old CD editions of the album at the shop; one from the US and another from Australia. I bought the Oz one which sounds as good to my ears though I'll consider the new one. At least with the remaster which is long overdue all the tracks are finally together at long last. Also from down under I have The Best of the Original Fleetwood Mac which has "One Sunny Day" and "Without You" but I had to order mp3s of "The Green Manalishi", "Oh Well" Parts 1 & 2 separately, and "World in Harmony". The West German reissue LP I also own has even less. This period of the band has a cult following in the States where I am compared to the more commercial later eras. A local blues band here in my area called Mark Doyle and the Maniacs have covered the Green/Spencer era with the songs "Fleetwood Mac" and "Need Your Love So Bad" though they may done other tracks.
The official FM site has no info on the TPO remaster or any old news for that matter so this fan site is the best next thing. At least Buckingham has done"Oh Well" Part 1 like when I saw the band 4.5 years ago out of town as well as the 1987-91 lineups rendition which also touched on "I Loved Another Woman" (Rick Vito is now in Mick Fleetwoods solo band which were misidentified as Fleetwood Mac proper on an awards show not too long ago but we know better). TKO started FMs long tenure at Warners as we all know. Early FM are the only blues band that I like. Makes sense of course!