View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Sounds like a successful strategy cooked up by a marketing team!

For all we really know, maybe the TikTok dude was a plant, too. Anything to make social media explode with your band name and music is desirable.

But all this analysis over whether the band is alive or dead is akin to debates about religious creed. For a band to be “alive,” it has to either record or perform, no? I guess it can also temporarily maintain in limbo, too. But ultimately it has to get down to business at some point if it’s going to be a band. You can’t perform much at the moment (although I guess you could perform in a virtual environment), so that leaves recording. Once again, this damn band — no matter who’s in it — is just languishing. No real activity of any sort. If you think that releasing a TikTok response is “activity,” just go away from me because you are a moron and not worth talking to seriously. Musicians can do their thing even during a pandemic: Dylan released an album, Lady Gaga released an album, Taylor Swift released an album, the Strokes released an album, the Black Eyed Peas released an album, Stevie’s lovelies Haim released an album, and on and on. Fleetwood Mac has been off the road since November 2019 — over a year — and its longtime members don’t even know what the group is going to do in the future. It’s so typical of the Mac and also laugh-inducing. I think Fleetwood Mac could trend in social media for probably ten years without actually doing anything as a band, and maybe that’s the plan.
Seems like Stevie's plan. Live off your "legendary" status and just get lots of stories that pop up in the press to keep your name out there and create the impression you are doing something. Stevie will NEVER, EVER, EVER publicly say she is "retired" because, let's face it, she defines her whole existence on the planet by her career. Chris saying Stevie won't tour again with FM takes Stevie off the list of top-touring acts and that will.not.do. She can't have #1 albums anymore but dammit she can still be in a top-grossing act.

That's what's frustrating about LB-- he's the one who actually seems to WANT to keep creating, and certainly can without the band, and isn't.... If he has any remote dreams that yet another LB solo album can morph into a big FM project/album he needs one of his wife's horses to give him a swift kick. Get on with it already.