View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I know my name wasn't on the thread, but...

1. What is your favorite Christine song from Chicken Shack?
Mean Old World.

2. What is your least favorite Christine look on tour (i.e., which tour)?
Probably the "Mirage" tour.

3. Did you like Christine in Stevie's clothes & boots on the Tusk Tour or would you have preferred she wore casual jeans & West Midlands cowgirl boots?
Casual look. That's part of the appeal of Christine, for me. Though, she looks great either way.

4. What is your favorite piano lick by Christine?
"Stop Messin' Round" only because it's the first song that made me realize that Christine could really rock out on piano.

5. What is your favorite Christine harmony on any Fleetwood Mac song?
"Emerald Eyes" with "Straight Back" a close second, both because they add such a spooky vibe to the song.

6. What is your favorite Christine harmony on any nonFleetwood Mac song?
I don't know if you consider it a non-Fleetwood Mac song, since it's certainly Fleetwood Mac related, and the two vocalists would become part of the vocal front for Fleetwood Mac, but Billy Burnette's "It Ain't Over" still gives me gooseflesh. That would have been a brilliant choice for the 1987 tour. Certainly better, and more appropriate, than "Don't Let Me Down Again."

7. What is the funniest thing Christine has ever said in an interview?
Not because what she was saying was funny, but because of how she was saying it, but during that 1989 interview with the "Behind The Mask" band where she was talking about the shooting of the video for "Hold Me." She starts talking about the guitars in the sand pits that Mick and John where diving into, then says they were all Fenders, and then realizes that the guitars were never actually sent back to Fender. For that brief moment, she has that "oh, crap, what did we do with those guitars" look in her eyes, which always made me laugh.

8. What is the funniest thing Chris has ever said onstage?
"We'd like to take you to our house...I didn't mean it."

9. If you were going to have an argument with Christine, what would you want to argue about?
That, while "Rumours" is a great album, she should be proud of the other albums as well.

10. If John agreed to pass on a word from you to Chris, what would you tell him?
We love her, miss her, but are grateful for all the memories and wish her well on retirement.

Now, a few observations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
1. What is your favorite Christine song from Chicken Shack?
I'm On My Way
Ummm...the only thing is, that's not a Chicken Shack song...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
5. What is your favorite Christine harmony on any Fleetwood Mac song?
but I also love her backups on "Sands of Time"
I don't think she harmonized on that. I could be wrong, but I believe that's all Danny on SOT. In fact, I don't think any of them harmonized with each other on "Future Games." I think they all dubbed their own harmonies.

THE Stephen Hopkins