View Single Post
Old 09-15-2023, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Lindsey has always said many times he resented having to craft Stevie's songs. That's not new and happened every album. He called it "bittersweet." Stevie in return resented that resentment. You see clear signs of this on the SYW project. However with Chris gone, it changed the dynamic. There was no buffer. The tension was more profound than ever. No doubt Stevie had lingering issues over that album.
Looking back, it would have been better for Stevie to leave the band after SYW. It would have let steam off. When Chris came back perhaps she would have been more eager to get into a studio again. Even if you take Stevie's side, its odd that she "suffered" all those years and went out of her way to keep Fleetwood Mac intact. Yet when the swansong came around, she bucked and would not let their legacy play out. Like I said earlier, she handled being unhappy but she could not handle the jealousy. All you need to know is how they could not call the album a Fleetwood Mac project. They knew they were walking on eggshells. The band could not have both things: a new album and final tour. With the rest of the band going forward with a new album prevented the entire band from doing one last tour. They gambled and lost. We celebrate the Buck/Vie album but the vice was the replacement tour.
Stevie managed to dictate the cardinal rule of Fleetwood Mac between 2009-2013 which was - we only tour every 3 years and nothing is billed as a Fleetwood Mac project unless I'm involved. There would also be no back-to-back projects. Recording following a tour etc.

Christine came back and that changed completely. BuckVie came out, literally the entire band was on it with the lone exception being Stevie. It didn't go unnoticed by the press.

I still can't believe how selfish her behavior was towards Christine and how it would impact her time reunited with the band. The cold shoulder comments she gave about the project before it was even released...unbelievable. Going through the process of watching BuckVie come to fruition and observing Stevie's behavior during that time really made me realize who she really was.

Last edited by BigAl84; 09-15-2023 at 08:44 AM..