View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 04:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I disagree with you about that. I own a few of Lindsey's and Stevie's solo albums, which I have listened to a few times, but I'm just not that impressed with either of them, except in the context of the band. This is especially true of Stevie, whose voice and faux-poetic songwriting style I find monotonous. Her music works in the band context where her airiness is balanced by the other two songwriters.

Christine's music, on the other hand, I can listen to anytime. The vocal expressiveness, musical luster, and emotional intimacy contained in 'In the Meantime' set that album apart. As I have said before, 'In the Meantime' is my favorite FM-related work of at least the last three decades.
Bella Donna is pretty much unassailably a classic California rock album that can take it's place alongside Rumours or One of These Nights among others.The remainder of Nicks's solo catalouge is pretty uneven I will admit.I'm happy that you enjoy In the Meantime so much and hope that Christine .Lindsey and Stevie continue to provide us with new music.