View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
For me it's a solo album. A solo album leads to a tour (which can have a UK/EU leg as planned for the SWS tour) and then when the eventual FM oldies tour comes around at least we can rest easy knowing that we've already got new LB music.

For me, in a perfect world, he'd add a couple more tracks to the ones recorded with Mick, maybe add John on bass, release a solo album and then tour. This could be with Fleetwood Mac or solo but it's the recorded output that I want the most. And I'm not that interested in hearing Stevie doing harmonies on Lindsey's tracks any more so I'd rather he kept them for solo stuff.

Being on the neglected side of the ocean the selfish response is to just want recorded music because I can't access the tours but I can buy a new album. If he was touring here as regularly as he tours the US I'd be more enthusiastic about tours.
I love everything about this post First off, you're not selfish, and even though I live in Seattle, Lindsey playing solo in the UK is still my first wish. I talk to a lot of people online from the UK (besides here), and I know how badly all of you still want him there, and how awful it was when he had to cancel. I heard/read the word "gutted" more times than I could keep count of.

Second, because it's already a fact that next year will be FM touring, I think an album from Lindsey in the mean time is, as you said, the best guarantee of a future solo tour ASAP following the FM tour. And new music from Lindsey is, of course, always a good thing So, it's a win-win!

I too dread Stevie's voice messing up Lindsey's songs, and I badly want to hear the stuff he's recorded with Mick. I do NOT want another Gift of Screws I type hijacking and seperating of his songs.

As much as I would love to do a few more dates on one last leg of the current ( or recently finished ) tour, in reality, with holidays coming, I probably wouldn't get to go to any anyways. So, I'm with you 100%. New Lindsey solo album finished up before FM tour gets under way.