View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Yeah, I think some people here are projecting their opinions onto the band. The band doesn't feel that way and I think they're very happy with the band as it is currently.
I think they were happy except for the fact that Lindsey (and I guess Mick too) wanted to do new music.

Judging from the way he talked about Without You and Stevie wanting to do that song, while he was trying to push new songs, I don't think Lindsey was very interested in reviving Buckingham Nicks except to the extent that it was a way to get at her by the back door. If he could interest her in working on old songs, maybe he could get new songs in the process and then they could be the modern day BN, with Fleetwood Mac.

I think he would have been quite happy with the quartet if they kept putting out new music. He was proud with them as a band on stage, thinks they're playing the best they've ever played. What was lacking was the studio component. In fact, he said after SYW that if he could keep recording with Fleetwood Mac, he would never have to release solo music again. But that didn't happen. Without them making new music, I think he was restless with Fleetwood Mac and ashamed to be "that" nostalgia group. If he could have recorded new music with Stevie, then I would agree that he was happy with the band currently. But it was like pulling teeth. He got the EP and now he was left with the task of releasing more songs after that, some way, some how. It was a battle.

As for Stevie, I think she was happy touring with the current band. She seemed content this tour -- but we usually don't find out that she was unhappy until afterwards anyway. So, it's hard to say. But I don't think she was interested in doing new music with them. Now, whether it would be her first choice or not, if Christine returns she will undoubtedly make new music with The Mac.

To your point, I agree that none of them thought they needed Christine back to make them fresh or relevant on stage, though. I think they were all proud of their current live sound.

Michele