View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
Toward the end of the vinyl era I don't think they cared. CD sales overtook Vinyl in 1988 three years prior. Cassettes even sold more in1991 than vinyl. They always COULD they just didn't. Timespace was built to sell on CD and cassette not so much vinyl. The problem with Timespace wasn't the number of songs moreso that the were remixed versions that may not sound as good as the originals on vinyl anyhow. The only value in Timespace these days is for the originals on it. Then again Desert Angel is not really worth a second listen anyhow. Sometimes it's a bitch is ok though.
I love the new mixes that were done especially Stand Back and Edge of Seventeen. CLA did a very good job making them sound better. Desert Angel is forgettable. SIAB is decent enough. I'm an avid collector but always avoided buying this on LP because of the length of songs on each side (the more length used on a vinyl side the decrease in quality). Thanks for your info. It's funny how you can walk into a music store (and those are hard to find these days) and see new vinyl releases these days. It's like stepping back in time.