View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I asked this same question a few months ago and everyone yelled at me
I just don't see the depth of this album enough to produce something along the lines of a Mirage deluxe version, etc.
I have heard cool demos of Isn't it Midnight but they were very primitive and rough. I don't know if the band would release such a rough demo.
According to Mick's book the band passed on Stevie's What has Rock N Roll ever done for you. I would LOVE to know if they ever tried the song. There is the Stevie demo floating around but I could see Lindsey rolling his eyes on such a song and not bothering to even play with it. Its tongue and cheek but the song has a very arrogant vibe which would have driven Lindsey up a wall.
Tango is so programmed that I don't get the excitement as the other albums. I could care less if there are 1,000 out takes of Caroline or You and I. The variations would matter how the song was programmed on 80's technology. Speed up the computer dubs or slow them down. Or how about adding Lindsey grunting.
Then you also have the issue with the live CD the band has been including in the other deluxe releases. It would be odd to release such live music without Lindsey.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-01-2016 at 05:29 PM..