View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 06:50 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Why We Love It When Fleetwood Mac Keep Breaking Up

In a way, the quintessential Lindsey moment is his "yeeeaaah" at the end of Christine's "Say You Love Me," while the band is chanting the final "falling, falling, falling." What the hell is that "yeeeaaah" doing there? It's a solo Lindsey cameo that's wildly out of place in this song, which isn't by him, or even about him. Yet his acerbic voice adds the dash of salt that makes the song complete. Everybody's songs get improved by Lindsey butting in – the best example would be his sneer in the chorus of another Christine song, "Little Lies." ("Tell me, tell me, tell me liiiies!") He sounds exasperated and pissed, even though he's neither the liar nor the lied-to. But without the authentic spite he adds, "Little Lies" would be a fraction as powerful as it is.
This paragraph really resonates with me, clearly revealing/reminding me why Lindsey is my favorite FM-er. Not only are those moments above my favorite parts of those tunes, but "Lighting strikes, maybe once, maybe twice" is the only part of the otherwise-bland "Gypsy" that makes it memorable to me. Lindsey's backing vocals on Tom Petty's "Walls (Circus)" is also the best part of that song.

Man, LB is gonna be missed. Looking forward to another solo tour, though!